Based: Hornchurch, Essex 5 days F/T
We are looking to appoint a Fundraiser, reporting to the Chief Executive, who can help shape the organisation’s fundraising strategy and to lead on its delivery.
This is a challenging and wide-ranging post and the remit includes:
- Strengthening donor relationships to develop funding streams;
- Promoting the Charity’s online presence;
- Developing a direct marketing strategy;
Essential skills and experience for the role:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; strongly numerate;
- Revenue and capital fundraising experience;
- Experience of new donor and legacy development;
- Successful use of social media platforms within fundraising;
- Ability to research and develop budgets;
- Genuine knowledge of relational databases (ideally FileMaker) development and maintenance; some programming skills would be useful;
- Well organised, flexible with strong IT skills
Support Worker – Chief Executive
Based: Hornchurch, Essex 27 hours per week
The role, one of a team of 3, is to facilitate the work of the Chief Executive (CEO). The purpose of this role is to support the CEO in all tasks involving written communication; accessing information within different formats, sometimes including spoken formats; diary management;and providing ongoing reminders due to working memory difficulties. It is not to be doing the work of the CEO or replace his duties. The CEO must be able to make all decisions and direct the work of the support worker. The role is funded through the DWP Access to Work scheme
As directed by the CEO, the duties will include:
- Support around access issues; eg following up and ensuring compliance with requests for information in an accessible format, challenging where there have been breaches, and drafting official complaints to statutory bodies;
- Ongoing support with development of relationship with DWP/Access to Work;
- Ongoing assistance with Diary management;
- Proofreading and editing with the CEO business communications, from emails to board reports (including writing from dictation and restructuring draft content); digesting long pieces of writing and presenting it verbally or in easy-to-read (e.g. bulletpoint) form;
- Preparation for meetings including transport and maps;
- Assisting CEO in meetings and taking notes;
- Researching relevant news stories and providing summaries to CEO;
- Emails – scanning, reading flagging, following through
- Supporting all internal and external communications for the organisation, eg social media,for CEO;
- Supporting the CEO undertaking internet searches including going through handbooks whilst solving issues, eg IT problems;
- Reminding CEO of key dates and supporting him as he completesstatutory returns such as Charity Commission and Companies House etc;
- Supporting CEO when he prepares for Board meetings;
- Supporting CEO when he is engaged in staff planning eg the writing of recruitment advertisements; scheduling holidays;
- Supporting CEO when he is working on all organisational correspondence;
- Supporting CEO with legal correspondence and documents;
- Supporting CEO when he is drafting strategic documents for the organisation.
This will cover the majority of the tasks required by the CEO, but is not exhaustive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- IT literate with a great understanding of word processing packages (Pages and Word), spreadsheets (Excel and Numbers) and social media platforms;
- An excellent attention to detail with the ability to focus on multiple tasks;
- A team player with a professional approach and an understanding of the ongoing requirements of a role supporting a Chief Executive.
If you would like to apply for one of these vacancies please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!